I haven't figured this out yet . . .
I’ll admit, this is a newfound appreciation for Thanksgiving. It wasn’t until a couple of years ago that I seriously started thinking about the things I’m grateful for. So, as pious as it may seem, I made a list of nine things I’m continually grateful for (I know it’s a weird number, but whatever).
1. Indoor plumbing—I’m not down with outhouses and fetching water.
2. A home—Who doesn’t want a roof over their head?
3. My family’s health—Sickness only brings stress and bills.
4. Electricity—Without it, we might as well be living in the Stone Age.
5. Hot water—I need me my hot showers.
6. A job—In this economy, everyone who has one should be grateful.
7. Grocery stores—They save me the trouble of hunting and farming for my food.
8. My wife—She keeps me in line and raises the kids pretty well, which makes me look good, or at least, better than I would without her.
9. My silly children—My kids make me feel old and young at the same time. They teach me more than I teach them, and despite how retched they can be, are generally quite pleasant to be around.