I haven't figured this out yet . . .
I was recently nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by The Good The Bad And The Saggy. I’m grateful because I think this is the first award I’ve been offered since my perfect attendance record in the fifth grade. My children couldn’t be happier for me.
In light of this, I’m taking a break from writing about my kids to follow the rules that go along with accepting, which are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them through your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 or so bloggers.
4. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Thinking up 7 things to share with all of you forced me to examine myself, which I haven’t done in a while. And these things aren’t in any particular order for any particular reason.
1. If I could live on Sesame Street, I think I would. Don’t judge me, just think about it. Your kids could play with Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster and the rest of the gang ALL THE TIME. Plus it’s a really friendly neighborhood that doesn’t seem to experience a whole lot of crime, just a lot of zany adventures.
2. I almost missed my daughter’s birth. I’m such a heavy sleeper that I still have no recollection of my wife waking up bleeding at three in the morning the day my daughter was born and telling me that she was driving herself to the hospital. Luckily for me, one of my wife’s co-workers stopped by the next morning to pick up something and asked how my wife was doing, which led me to discover that she was in the hospital about to give birth. Oh, and then I forgot the camera, which I didn’t realize until I got to the hospital.
3. I didn’t wear shoes to school until third grade. Well, I probably wore them to school, but once I was there it was barefoot all day for me. My feet will never be that tough again.
4. I was an English major in college, and there isn’t one class I took where I actually read everything that was assigned.
5. In my opinion, The Road,by Cormac McCarthy, may be the best book ever written. I don’t think I’d feel that way if I wasn’t a dad.
6. I’m from Hawaii, and I’ve never surfed a day in my life.
7. I’m a total mama’s boy. I speak to my mom almost every week and I hope my son does the same to his mother when he’s an adult.
Passing this thing on is the most difficult task for me because a lot of the bloggers I would pass it onto, already have won this award. But, here are some bloggers I really enjoy reading, and think others should check out. There are only 11 here, but when I get to 15 I’ll update this list.
For the poetry lover who also appreciates a funny parenting story.
Some blogs I’ve recently discovered, and very much enjoy.
I just dig the photography on these blogs.
More rad recipes, and other stuff.
Other dad bloggers worth checking out.
More worth checking out.
Again, thanks to The Good The Bad And The Saggy for passing on the love. I’m always on the lookout for good reads, so if anybody feels like sharing their favorite bloggers with me whom I may not have discovered yet, let me know.